Looking for a quick way to get rid of saggy skin, inflammation, and wrinkles? Try the facial techniques to get a wrinkle-free and youthful glow on your face. In today’s constantly growing skincare era, where self-care has become more critical than ever, it is crucial to take care of your skin, internally or externally. One could look after their skin and indulge in some self-care by mastering the art of facial massage. Now, it’s not always essential to find a professional facial massager to do so; you can always perform it effectively in the comfort of your home with some technique and basic knowledge. In the following paragraphs of this blog, we will unveil the importance of facial massage, its benefits, and a step-by-step guide to perform it with the few natural products available easily at your doorstep.
Benefits of Facial Massage
There are not just one but many benefits of facial massage resulting in overall well-being. Facial massage doesn’t only work on improving your facial muscle and shape but has many other advantages. So before diving into its guide on how to do it, let’s understand these benefits in detail, all of which are crucial for achieving an improved look & skin texture:
● Reduces Stress
Stress is The major contributor to breakouts, premature aging, hair loss, and other problems related to the skin and hair. Facial massage helps to combat such issues that cause stress by giving a relaxing feel. The gentle finger motion and rhythmic technique help to relax facial muscles, which reduces the individual’s stress levels, giving a youthful appearance.
● Improves Blood Circulation
If you want an answer to your puffed skin and under-eye bags, then facial massage will rescue you. When an optimum amount of pressure is put on your face while massaging it, it increases the blood flow, eventually helps you detoxify the skin, and gives you a healthier, more luminous skin.
● Has Anti-Aging Benefits
The root cause of skin sagging is the decreasing collagen production on your face. It is crucial to maintain skin elasticity, which can be improved with the help of collagen. By performing facial massage with the proper technique, you can increase skin collagen production and get wrinkle-free and firmer skin. It’s time to flaunt your youthful skin without burning a hole in your pocket.
Now that we understand the benefits of facial massage let’s discover the dos and don’ts of doing it in the comfort of your home.
Do's & Don'ts of Doing Facial Massage at Home
- Make sure to start with a clean surface; cleaning your face with a gentle face wash before massaging it is essential. Cleansing will ensure the removal of all the dirt particles and impurities so they can’t penetrate while rubbing your face.
- Always use a natural and chemical-free facial massage cream. Apply a high-quality facial oil or cream that suits your skin type and has essential ingredients. This allows your finger to glide smoothie across your face and makes it easy.
- Be gentle while massaging your face; the pressure should not be too much or too little. Less pressure will show no results, and excessive force could damage your skin tissues and cause irritation, so ensure to put appropriate pressure while massaging your face.
- Learn a proper technique and try to follow a sequence. The very general and effective way to do facial massage is moving from the neck upward to the forehead. This particular technique helps in better blood circulation and assists lymphatic drainage.
- Don’t skip the sunscreen application once you are done with your facial massage session. This is a prevalent mistake made by people these days. They ignore applying sunscreen, thinking it is avoidable, but the skin is more sensitive and prone to UV rays, so always wear sunscreen as a final step.
- Using dirty hands is a big NO before doing a facial massage. Dirty hands contain bacteria that can penetrate your skin and cause breakouts, so thoroughly wash your hands before starting the massage.
- Do not overdo your facial massage. Limit the time to 12-15 minutes, as excessive massage can damage skin tissues. Massaging your face 2 to 3 times a week is enough and prevents your skin sensitivity.
How to Do Facial Massage at Home: Step-by-Step Guide
Now that you know the benefits of facial massage and its prevention, let’s delve into the step-by-step process of performing it. Below is the most basic and hassle-free way to massage your face at home:
- Step 1: Remove your makeup, cleanse your skin, and pat it dry. If you have long hair, tie it back to stop it from getting in the way.
- Step 2: The next step is to get a high-quality, natural, and skin-specific cream or facial oil for a smoother process. Take a small amount on your tips and distribute it evenly on your face and neck.
- Step 3: Start moving your hands upward, from the neck to the forehead. Put a gentle pressure and keep massaging in a circular motion.
- Step 4: It’s time to massage Your Cheeks. Use your fingers to make small, upward circles. This motion helps boost blood flow and contour your cheeks.
- Step 5: Focus on your forehead, starting at the center and moving outwards to the temples. Use your fingertips to massage your forehead in an upward and outward motion.
- Step 6: Be extra gentle when massaging around the delicate eye area. Make gentle, circular motions when applying your ring fingers around your eyes. This can help reduce puffiness and fine lines.
- Step 7: Remember to focus on your nose area and T zone. Finally, you can relax and breathe by closing your eyes and feeling relieved.
Natural Facial Products for Enhanced Skincare
Undoubtedly, there are a plethora of skincare products available in the market for facial massage, such as massage creams and facial oils. These brands promise to bring a change to your skin but are full of chemicals and damaging ingredients. However, many other brands, on the other hand, are certified organic and use natural ingredients in their skincare products. One such brand, NutriGlow, offers a range of facial kits and massage creams to help you achieve your desired skin. The brand provides ingredient-specific skincare to help consumers choose the best for themselves per their skin demand. Using the proper skin care ensures the products amplify the benefits of your facial massage. Let’s explore some of these ingredient-specific facial kits and learn about their unique benefits:
- NutriGlow Wine Facial Kit for Anti-Aging Effect: This facial kit is enriched with the goodness of high-quality red grape extracts that combat the signs of aging and provide a youthful complexion.
- NutriGlow Papaya Facial Kit for Brightened and Even Skin Tone: Loaded with the benefits of papaya, this facial kit exfoliates dead skin cells, revealing a more radiant and even skin tone. It’s ideal for those looking to achieve a glowing complexion.
- NutriGlow Ubtan Facial for a Bridal-Like Glow: The NutriGlow Ubtan Facial Kit gives you a radiant glow that looks just like a bride. It contains natural elements like turmeric and sandalwood, known for their skin-brightening properties.
- NutriGlow Exotic Fruit Facial Kit for Deep-Cleansed Skin: This kit is ideal for those who want deeply cleansed skin. It contains extracts from natural fruits like kiwi, strawberry, orange, peach, etc., to remove impurities and rejuvenate your complexion.
To sum up, if you master the art of facial massage, you can combat many problems, such as reducing stress levels, improving skin texture, and getting anti-aging benefits. Remember always to massage your face within the limit, whether it comes to the time limit or putting pressure while performing it. Although facial massage is a wonderful way to achieve good skin, there are many restrictions, such as skipping sunscreen, using dirty hands, etc. Use a proper technique and guidance for your facial massage at home, and use a natural, safe, and effective skincare product. Consider trying facial kits provided by NutriGlow and be assured of receiving the desired look, as the products are certified organic, safe, cruelty-free, and made under a strict automated environment to ensure quality. So what are you waiting for? Indulge in self-care and unlock the secret to glowing skin through facial massage.
- What are the benefits of facial massage?
There are many benefits of facial massage, including improved circulation, relaxation of facial muscles, reduced tension and stress, and improved skin tone.
- What three techniques are used in the facial massage routine?
Massage routines for the face commonly employ effleurage (gentle, sweeping strokes), petrissage (kneading and lifting of facial muscles), and tapping (light tapping motions).
- What happens if we massage your face daily?
You can improve blood flow to your face, lymphatic drainage, and complexion by massaging your face daily. However, excessive or aggressive daily massage can irritate the skin, so moderation is key.