Arrival of Saffron:
Saffron is one of the most historical and costlier spices in the world, this word is derived from Arabic word Zafaraan.it is first cultivated in Spain about three millennia ago. Saffron come from the stigma of crocus cartwrightianus the flower, his flower having the long stigma. Saffron was found in 7th century BC by a king named Ashurbanipal. firstly it is been to treat 90 sickness about 4000 years back and people pay high prices due to its rarity, so after that saffron was used in remedies.
After some time saffron is introduced in south Asia, Kashmir about 300 years ago. Saffron starts using in the Middle East and being utilised as a food seasoning, perfumes, hairs and clothes dye as well as in medicines.
Benefits to health:
- Saffron is good for stomach ailments and it is a good antispasmodiic, helps to digest and increases appetite, it is a good medicine for stomach-ache and give better relief from tension.
- It is also used as drug for some infections like flu, depression and a sedative. Saffron may use as asthma patience, for cough as well.
- Saffron may be used for cancer patients, sleep problems, It is also helped to hardening of the arteries, inner body gas problem.
- It also helped to overcome from heartburn, shock, spitting up blood, pain and form dry skin.
- It is a great help for women because they can use it in menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome as well as men can use it to prevent premature ejaculation and infertility.
- It protects the body from cold and dryness.
How to use it for better skin:
- It is used as a health tonic, without having any side effect, to make the tonic mix the kesar or saffron in milk only 2-3 strands would be good and then simple massage it over the face rinse with Luke warm water your face would glow.
- It is so good for pimples as well take 9-10 strands and some Tulsi leaves apply the paste over the face and massage gently and wash it after 10-15 minutes this is also good for blemishes, wrinkles, pimples and removes black spots.
- Saffron is good anti-oxidant so applying it on skin prevent it from further skin problems.
How to know the right /genuine kesar herb:
Saffron would cost around $2,000 to $10,000 a pound, as we all know saffron is richest spice in the world just because of its rareness the flower from which stamen it is made of need high maintenance, and 1 flower have three stamen which should be picked by hand so its production require high labour cost, it is been surveyed that approximately 150 flower and valuable workers are required to produce 1 gram of saffron.
In market you may easily get low prise saffron but real saffron is highly valued in terms of price so, if you purchased a small quantity from renowned and you have paid enough then it is reliable or you may check by its structure real saffron are thread like evenly sliced and a mixture or red and yellow colour with yellow at one and red at another end, and at one end it has flute like shape all other are fake saffron.
Saffron or kesar used from ages and famous for its richness and quality most rare and one of the costlier spice because it is good for skin, health in every manner it protect us from infections, prevent skin diseases, relief from stress.