The basic concept of sunscreen as the name suggests sunscreen means a shield from the sun or before the sun, basically it protects from the sun to be harmed the skin from the ultraviolet radiation it is basically of two type UVA and UVB that can cause many problems. It may be also called as sunburn cream, sun Protection, sunblock…
How it works
What a sunscreen do, it does not matter whether it is a cream, lotion, spray or a gel all works on a same principle which is it absorbs or reflect some of the sun’s UV radiation (ultraviolet rays) therefore helps to prevent the skin from sunburn or sun tan.
What is SPF?
Sun protection factor, is a meter of sunscreen ability to prevent UVB from damaging or destroying the skin, what SPF do it take 20 min for unprotected skin of getting red,by an SPF 15 sunscreen deeply prevents burning 15 times longer it works about to five hours.
- If your skin would burn after 10 minutes in the sun use an SPF 15 sunscreen that would allow you to stay in the sun without getting red for about 2-3 hours. And it also depend on skin type, andmost important amount of sunscreen used.
- Experts say using a less SPF sunscreen of 15, take the product amount (2 mg/cm2 of skin) and applying every 2 hours.
The SPF scale:
- SPF 15 block 93% of UVB rays
- SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays
- SPF 50 blocks 98% of UVB rays
In other word we can say this that SPF15 will work 4% less than SPF 30
Difference between SPF and PA
Firstly we need to know what is a PA in sunscreen it is just a rating system used to indicate the UVA protection it is a Japanese measurement of sun protection. The PA system is mostly found in Asian products.PA is a protecting level of strength to mark the three PA+,PA++ and PA+++.
- PA+ provides UVA protection with a factor of PPD 2-4 .it give protection for sensitive skin against low to medium UV rays.
- PA++ provides moderate UVA protection with a factor of PPD 4-5. It offers good prevention from UVA rays and could be used to normal skin people exposed to medium UV rays.
- PA+++ gives better UVA protection with a factor of PPA >8. It is for normal skin under very strong or direct UV rays.
Most preferred sunscreen are sunscreen with SPF 30 and SPF 15 because sunscreen with more higher SPF for example SPF 75 and SPF 100 do not have that much greater ability to protect from UV rays as compared with SPF30 and as well as it’s also misleading the people into thinking that they are totally protected, but they actually not. To have broad spectrum prevention UVA protection must be 1/3 of the UVB protection. Sunscreen with high SPF mostly offer far greater UVB than UVA, thus having wrong exception of having high protection.
How and when to use nutriglow sunscreen
There are certain step one needed to follow for getting better response these are as follows:
- The SPF number in sunscreen reflects the time it’s going to protect the skin from sunburn or when needs to reapply it.
- One need to choose broad spectrum sunscreen because sun rays have UVA and UVB rays, and SPF will prevent us from UVA rays, so to protect the skin from UVA as well as UVB one need to use broad spectrum Nutriglow sunscreen so it protect us from skin cancer.
- Water resistant sunscreen is very important because in summer skin sweats a lot, so water resistant sunscreen will only be effective.
- Firstly one needs to decide which type of sunscreen you need to pick; gel, cream, spray whatever be the choice one needs to apply a thick layer of it.
- One needs to apply the Nutriglow sunscreen before going outside or getting in touch with sun.
- One needs to apply the sunscreen on all the portion of the body which is going to be exposed to the sun. If you apply sunscreen after 15-20 min after going out it is more effective than reapplying after 2-3 hours.